P1 Style Fog Cover Install Guide
Please take your time when installing this product, it may take some trial and error to get the perfect fit.
PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED.
FRONT BUMPER SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE CAR - IT WILL BE VERY DIFFICULT TO INSTALL THE KIT WITHOUT REMOVING THE FRONT BUMPER!
WIRING TIPS - PLEASE READ:
IF YOU CAR CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT FOG LIGHTS;
Driving lamps should always be wired with a 30 amp inline fuse. They should be triggered by a relay (preferably 30a BOSCH) - inline fuses and relays can be easily found at any motor parts store.
Never connect the driving lamps directly to the battery, ALWAYS use a fuse and a relay!
Any questions about wiring the lamps please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOUR CAR CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH FOG LIGHTS;
You will be able to wire the kit directly into the stock wiring for the stock fog lights. The car will already have fuses and relays to control the stock fog lights.
1. If you originally had fog lights, the fog light mounting bracket should be removed. After they have been removed start with installing the cover and mounting bracket
2. Test fit the fibreglass cover, make any adjustments to get the correct fit.
We recommend letting the bodyshop do this when you get the covers painted.
3. Next prepare the mounting brackets for the light. There will be 4 brackets in total (2 for the left and 2 for the right sides)
You will need to use the shortest bolts and the black aluminum washers.
4. Each driving lamp is marked to show you the top of the lamp.
5. The stainless steel brackets should be mounted onto the driving lamp as shown below;
6. Place the front bumper on a table so it is facing towards the sky. Place the driving lamp into the lamp recess and test fitment of the fibreglass cover. You should be able to remove the fibreglass cover easily without hitting the driving lamp. Any clearnace alterations to the fibreglass cover should be made now.
7. When you are happy with the fitment secure the driving lamp to the light recess in the bumper using the longer bolts, washers and nuts.
8. Now place the bumper on the ground (make sure it is a flat area). Position the bumper so it is facing a wall. Now adjust the height of the beam. Make sure all the bolts are nice and tight before attaching the bumper to the car.
9. After painting the covers will look like this.