Impreza 93-07 Rear Diff Support Bushing Install Guide
PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED
Jack car up safely and use jack stands.
1. Your package will look like this when you open it. Kit includes 6 polyurethane
bushings and a bag of grease. Only use the grease provided in the kit.
2. Depending on your year of Impreza, you will need to insert the smaller polyurethane
bushing inside the largest bushing.
3. The next step is to support he rear differential. This is essential as you will be
removing the bolts and brackets that hold front differential support off.
4. With the differential supported by the jack, undo the three bolts shown in the picture.
The two smaller bolts should come out quite easily but the large bolt will probably need
a breaker bar to loosen.
5. With the bracket, bolts and old bushing removed it will look like this. The old bushing
can be put aside as it isn't needed any more.
6. Now apply a nice coating of the provided grease and put the thick bushing onto
the top of the diff support.
7. Now apply grease to the thin bushing and push it onto the bottom of the diff support.
It needs to be pushed on so that it stays on and doesn't fall off.
8. Now reattach the bracket and bolt everything down. Observe the manufacturers
torque spec on the bolts:
2 SMALL BOLTS - 24 ft/lb
1 LARGE BOLT - 73 ft/lb
PLEASE REFER TO YOUR WORKSHOP MANUAL TO CONFIRM TORQUE SPECS